Tuesday, May 12, 2015

poetry || Joel Chace

Excerpt from Time Rhyme

Our ideas wear cement shoes.

X:  “I see it in my mind, the story of my sadness, a solid black line.”  Y:  “So say it.”  
X:  “I’ve tried, but my outloud words are gray, and the line is broken.”  Y:  “Yes, I hear that.”
Z is their funnel.


While his leading order density matrix contains only the diagonal terms, we calculate the off-diagonal correlation terms. These correlations start very small, but then grow in time. The cumulative effect is that the correlations become comparable to the leading order terms and significantly modify the density matrix.

Stars tonight, and moon; her skin is quiet and tight.

The game is called Turn to the Fence and Wave far Beyond.

No one can hate God.

And if he is not wise, then in vindication of the oracle I show him that he is not wise; and my occupation quite absorbs me, and I have no time to give either to any public matter of interest or to any concern of my own, but I am in utter poverty by reason of my devotion to the god.

This emperor farmed far out his duped viceroy.

Who fiercely clings to fierce terrain, rock fields of Beara Peninsula, or Adrigole, where ground yields nothing but its own defiance and, in April, yellow furze?

Leitmotifs of chaos.

Firewall.

Rhyme of treason.

Joice Heth is not a human being. What purports to be a remarkably old woman, is simply a curiously constructed automaton, made up of whalebone, India-rubber, and numbered springs that are ingeniously put together, and made to move at the slightest touch according to the will of the operator.

No comments:

Post a Comment